Friday, June 10, 2011

Yeah for a Toxic Liver!!!

I'm sure most people wouldn't be rejoicing at having a toxic liver...but I am! We got my lab results back from genius doctor friend today and good news is...is there is something wrong that we can fix!!!

There are still a few things I don't know and questions I still have to ask. But we are doing that together on Monday. But for now...this is what I know.

I have a "very toxic liver". I'm by no means a doctor and so I can't even begin to know exactly all the things our liver does. But as it relates to me...and our miscarriages. This is what I know. I know that my liver is not processing well because of it being toxic. I know that our sex hormones come from cholesterol so if my liver is not processing them well then I will have issues with my hormones (namely progesterone). This would cause me not to be able to hold on to our babies!!!!

There are a few other things as well, but the biggest one is the liver. I also have an inflamed intestine which is causing me to not absorb good things that well and therefore causing an iron deficiency...another bad thing when you're trying to have babies.

So the plan...the new adjusted plan. I have to start on a "gentle yet thorough detox or clearance" to aid the liver in working properly. I will use whole-food nutritional medicines and make sure that i'm getting the right nutrients/minerals found in whole foods to aid in healing my liver.

Questions I'll ask...how long does liver detox take and how did I get toxic to begin with!? Along with the specifics of my detox. These things I'll have answer for on Monday after my phone conversation with genius doctor friend. We literally could not be more thankful for him...he has been a HUGE help in our journey. He has taken the time out of his busy life to help us. It hasn't been easy. Maybe we'll name our kid after him...hehe!

We are soooooo excited to know something. We are so excited that our genius doctor friend feels confident in what the issue is. Never thought we'd ever be so excited about toxicity in either of our bodies!! Until Monday....

1 comment:

  1. praising God with you for answers!! and renewed hope! and for Zac! :)

    ReplyDelete