Friday, October 15, 2010

Well...Today was definitely THE day!

So Today was the DAY...Today I heard our babies heartbeatS. No I did not make a fatal error in the misuse of plural nouns versus apostrophes. I meant to says babies (plural) and not baby's (singular ownership). I did not just hear our baby's heartbeat...I heard our babies (two of them) heartbeats.


IT'S TWINS!!!! It's freakin' twins! No, I'm not lying, I will not shut up and of course I will say that again. It's twins. (Another day I'll go through the reactions of the fam).


I went into this appointment hoping with all my heart that I would be able to see the tiny bleeping heart on the TV screen of the ultrasound. And I did...it was the sweetest most amazing moment thus far in our journey. As I lay there staring at the screen all my worries melted away and all the excitement I had been keeping at bay was released. I rode The Hulk all the way to the top and I have not come down yet. Mike and I sat there staring at the screen, sharing this precious moment of seeing our babies heartbeat. And then the nurse said it..."Oh!...Hmmm! Well guys...there's two heartbeats!" HAHAHAH!! I just stared as she typed the words on the screen...Twin A. Twin...Twin....for real. Twins. And then she moved the camera and said see...two heartbeats. As if I wasn't excited enough...I not only got to see my baby's heartbeat today...I got to see my babies heartbeats today. She even let me listen for a short time. I cannot believe this.


We are excited! Our families are excited! And we are hopeful that these twins will be perfectly healthy and that all that they need will be provided. They have the love of a God bigger than anything can imagine. And as He holds them in His hands and I hold them in my tummy...they are loved more than any two babies could ever be loved. He will protect them and we will help Him.


I am thankful, I am humbled, and I am more excited than I've ever been. Thankful for a God that chose to give me twins and humbled that He would choose me to show how awesome He is when we trust Him. And I am excited that Mike and I together are doing this thing...this thing called babies. I could not pick a better person to do this life with. He is by far the most amazing man I know and I love him with all my soul.


Today was the day...the day that that long hallway didn't seem so long and the day that my heart learned it had two new lives to love...today was the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment